Have your read this book, “Advance Guide To Content Marketing”?
Content Marketing play most of the major role in our online career.
It doesn’t matter what kind of online career you are into.
It can be any of the following:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Business Owners
This guide has some tactic and technical ideas in which you can use it and providing high value content to your customers from your blog.
Reading this book is helpful, because the techniques, actions, ideas and resource in this book can make you to implement them in your business.
It will all help you to see how you can start out in building community, fans, followers, and also to increase engagement and traffic to your site.
The most important part of this book is that:
It will help you to understand the concept of content marketing and how to implement in your blog.
If you are starting out with your blog, the book will help you on how to implement type of content in your blog one at a time.
See What You Will Learn
- 0.1 The Book Author
- 0.2 Summary Of Major Points
- 0.2.1 CHAPTER 1: Build A Strong Foundation
- 0.2.2 CHAPTER 2: Generate Clickable Ideas
- 0.2.3 CHAPTER 3: How To Plan Your Content For Maximum Productivity
- 0.2.4 CHAPTER 4: Learn To Write Content Like A Pro
- 0.2.5 CHAPTER 5: 12 Content Writing Secrets Of Professional Writers
- 0.2.6 CHAPTER 6: Template For Quick And Easy Content Creation
- 0.2.7 CHAPTER 7: Overcoming Common Content Marketing Roadblocks
- 0.2.8 CHAPTER 8: The Other Side Of Content Creation: Optimized For Search
- 0.2.9 CHAPTER 9: Promoting Your Content To Increase Traffic , Engagement And Sales
- 0.2.10 CHAPTER 10: Driving Business Objective With Content: 5 simple strategies for monetising your content
- 0.3 What I Like About This Book
- 0.4 What I Don’t Like About This Book
- 0.5 Recommendation
- 1 Conclusion
The Book Author
Neil Patel is the writer and author of this book Advance Guide To Content Marketing.
The founder of quicksprout and co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar and KISSMetric.
He also help companies like Amazon, NBC, GM, HP and Viacom grow their revenue.
Forbes say he is one of the top 10 online marketer and entrepreneur.
According to President Obama, Neil Patel was recognize as one of the top 100 entrepreneur at the age 30.
Neil Patel can be found at any of the following:
Summary Of Major Points
The book Advance Guide To Content Marketing is divided into 10 Chapters.
It will be beneficial to read all the chapters in this book, but you can read any of the chapters you fell is applicable to you.
Below are each of the sections or chapters
CHAPTER 1: Build A Strong Foundation
“Marketing is all about relationships and not the medium”…By Ben Grossman founder of BIGMarK
In this chapter, you will learn how to build relationships and communities that will be loyal to and how to punish information that build trust and make you an authoritative writer.
You will find out what content marketing is about.
But hear are the major the major points you will learn:
- Why do you create content
- How to make content plan
- Your objectives of creating content
- The content you will use to target certainly audience
- Some content strategy you will use to create content
- The technology you will use for creating and publishing your content
- How to manage your content
CHAPTER 2: Generate Clickable Ideas
You will need to have the ability to generate enough ideas in other to make this work.
This chapter has 7 practical tactics for creating your own ideas generation system.
To generate your own ideas, follow the practice tactics below:
- Keep up with trends
- Tap into the power of Google
- Release your creative mind with brainstorming
- Visit and engage in forums
- Tune in and listen
- Plug in to the energy of social media
- Stay relevant with newsjacking
CHAPTER 3: How To Plan Your Content For Maximum Productivity
In this chapter,you will be dealing on how to start planning your content.
Reading through this chapter, it will help you to expand on content planning you previously learn from Chapter 1.
The most important part of this chapter is that:
You will be developing a working Editorial Planner that will help you to plan and track your content and record your content after it’s has been published.
This chapter is divided into 7 section:
- Setup [or refined] the categories of your blog
- Go deep with your ideal customers
- Questions analysis
- Create your editorial planner
- Prepare for your first planning session
- Hold your planning session
- How to use your editorial planner
CHAPTER 4: Learn To Write Content Like A Pro
In this chapter, you will learn how to write content that are relevant, engaging, creative and reliable to be read.
This chapter covered the 6 step of create process, in depth and with specific examples showing you how to turn your ideas into a finished piece of content.
No matter how you sit down to create your content, you must follow this 6 step which are:
Select your topic and approach
- Organise your ideas
- Write your rough draft
- Give it a rest
CHAPTER 5: 12 Content Writing Secrets Of Professional Writers
This chapter cover the secret of professional writers and how they are able write enough content and simultaneously keeping it high quality up-to-date.
In this chapter, you will see the 12 tips and tricks that will help to see how to produce high quality content steadily.
- Stay in search mode at all times
- Write in your own unique voice
- Talk about one things only
- Depth and length should match
- Find a unique angle to cover your topics
- Spend as much time on your title as you do writing
- Make the first sentence your best
- Craft an irresistible lead (introduction)
- Kill the hype, keep it believable
- The close is as important as the lead
- Plain writing is the best
- Edit, Edit, Edit
CHAPTER 6: Template For Quick And Easy Content Creation
This chapter cover the 12 tried and true template content writers has used successfully for years.
For short content, you can use 1 template format.
Though you can mix the format if you are going for long content.
Below are the 12 tried and true content template:
- Point – Illustration – Explanation
- Thought leadership
- The inverted pyramid structure
- The interview
- The list
- The link post
- Book review
- Product review
- How to
- Case study
- Media post
CHAPTER 7: Overcoming Common Content Marketing Roadblocks
This chapter will show you some of the roadblocks that will slow you down during your progress.
For example, writing block.
This 10 roadblocks area:
- Overcoming writers blocks
- Not a writer, here is where to find one
- Create great content fast
- Building engagement with your content
- Running out of content ideas? Repurpose
- Having trouble connecting content to marketing
- When a project doesn’t work
- Your content read like sales page
- Manage content creation
- Integrating your content with the rest or marketing
CHAPTER 8: The Other Side Of Content Creation: Optimized For Search
Going through this chapter, it will help and show some tactical way you can use to make sure your content is well received by search engines and readers.
Even though they said SEO is dead due to Google Panda and Penguin update. But we’ll written and optimise content are the best for SEO.
Here are the possible things you will learn from this chapter:
- On page optimization
- Beyond the page: Make your website a hub
- Author rank and social media
- Optimise your comments
- Guest blogging and external links
- Requesting external links
CHAPTER 9: Promoting Your Content To Increase Traffic , Engagement And Sales
Looking at chapter 9 of this book (Advance Guide To Content Marketing) review, it reveals to your the most important thing you should know.
Do you know what is that?
The secret to content marketing
This secret is usually 3 which are:
- Creating great content
- Making sure it get found in search engine
- Promoting it to your followers
In this chapter, this is what you are going to learn:
- The day content goes live
- The week content goes live
- Ongoing promotional activities
- High power promotional strategies
CHAPTER 10: Driving Business Objective With Content: 5 simple strategies for monetising your content
The interesting part of this chapter is that:
It give you the 5 methods you can use to monetize your content without advertising it.
Though not all of them will be suitable for every business, but they are valuable and reliable.
The reason why it is so is because:
It has been used successfully by other content marketers.
Here is what you will learn from this chapter:
- Membership site
- Selling content
- Affiliate product/Joint ventures
- Putting your list to work
What I Like About This Book
What I like about this book is that;
It is suitable for all
It doesn’t matter if you are an expert in your industry, a novice in your industry or if you are aspiring for one.
The most important part is that;
It make you to become a better writer and content marketers.
Like viewing Chapter 6, it discuss much more on how you create type of content that engage readers and audience
Chapter 1 show me how I can create my list or build relationships with my audience and show me what it means to know you audience and how to go about.
I was having difficulty in how to use editorial calendar, but this book show me how to use editorial calendar and how to plan for my content creation.
Chapter 4 enhance my knowledge on how I can write content like a pro.
Like this book review I wrote, is a guide I use from chapter 6 of this book (Book Review)
What I Don’t Like About This Book
The thing is found from this book that I don’t like…;
Not all the chapters or content will be suitable or available for use.
So that means, you will the one you think is suitable for you.
As for me I don’t usually write list content.
If you are a website owner, start a blog, producing videos or podcasts, this book is recommended.
This book is also recommended if you want to take you web to the next level like:
- Affiliate marketing
- Business site
You use this book to learn how to increase traffic, fans and followers
You can get your copy of this book using any of the link below: